Amy, a fellow Minnesotan living in Big Texas tagged me for this NaBloPoMo meme. The funny thing about Minnesotans is we really like to talk about our home state. Every single time I see Amy at S 'n B, we end up talking about Mankato or English Muffin Bread or frozen lakes or some other thing that doesn't exist in these parts. In honor of my trip to the Motherland (I'm leaving on a jet plane later today) I've decided to play along.
- Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
- Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
- Tag 7 random people participating in NaBloPoMo at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
- Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. Almost every day, I do something that makes Bob say "Why are you so weird?" and yet I'm sitting here trying to come up with a single weird thing and I'm drawing a blank.
2. I'm leaving for the Motherland later this afternoon and I haven't packed a stitch of clothing (I'm still doing laundry) and yet, I've put at least an hour of thought into what yarn to pack. This reminds me that I need to finish this post so I have time to go upstairs and wind said yarn.
3. The private school my brother Greg and I went to celebrated Grandparents Day on the day before Thanksgiving each year. It was a half day of school and everyone brought their grandparents to shortened 20 minute versions of each class. There was also a special chapel service and they brought out the good cookies. Of course, the grandparents loved it (my mom is at Grandparents Day with my nephew right now and I'm know she's super psyched about it) and the school made a ton of money in donations. For the last 7 years or so, my brother and I have made it a point to call each other on the day before Thanksgiving to say "Happy Grandparent's Day!" I'm not sure why, but we find this very amusing.
4. I don't like to leave town for even a couple of days without cleaning the house. For some reason, I find it very distressing to come home to a messy house. This quirk is particularly difficult to manage when I travel by myself because Bob's standards of neatness and tidyness are a bit lower than mine. I know he tries to clean up before I get home, but I inevitably end up setting my bags down and heading right for the Clorox Wipes.
5. I love Clorox Wipes. I bought a three pack of Clorox Wipes in festive holiday containers yesterday at Target and they were by far my favorite purchase.
6. I truly enjoy frozen entrees. I like Lean Cuisine pizzas (added Parmesan is a must), Amy's Organic Burritos (a delicious salsa makes them a healthy meal) and most of all, the new Central Market Indian food entrees they've started carrying at HEB. You don't have to add anything to the Indian food entrees; they do just fine on their own.
7. I'm not going to tag anyone. I know this isn't all that weird, but I'm out of ideas and I need to go clean, pack, and wind yarn. If you're so inclined, consider yourself tagged.