1. Which do you like better: Cooking at your house, or going elsewhere? I like it best when my mom cooks it at her house. Sometimes we go to Bob's Aunt and Uncle's house and that's good too. This year we are going to cook a turkey at our house and we're hoping that will also be good. Our dining room is finally painted and furnished, and this will be the first time we use it.
2. Do you buy a fresh or frozen bird? This year we bought a fresh turkey because my mom told me that was a good idea, but we've done it both ways. I think fresh is easier because you don't have to worry about thawing the damn thing out.
3. What kind of stuffing? Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing with onion, celery, apple, and craisins.
4. Sweet potato or pumpkin pie? I honestly don't like either one. One of our guests is bringing both of those items and we're making an apple pie as an alternative.
5. Do you believe that turkey leftovers are a curse, or the point of the whole thing? Definitely the point. I love turkey sandwiches the most.
6. Which side dish would provoke a riot if you left it off the menu? Cranberry sauce. The real kind, not the kind from a can. We made ours tonight.
7. Do you save the carcass to make soup or stock? I don't know how, and it sounds like too much work.
8. What do you wish you had that would make preparing Thanksgiving dinner easier? A maid? I wish that Bob were a more tidy cooker. He makes a pretty good turkey, but I usually end up following him around and cleaning up the little messes and doing the dishes. I think it's important to avoid a huge mess and clean as you go.
9. Do you get up at the crack of dawn to have dinner ready in the early afternoon, or do you eat at your normal dinner hour? Definitely at the normal hour. If you eat a big turkey dinner in the afternoon, all there is to do for the rest of the day is sleep. I think it's weird to go out to a movie theater on Thanksgiving. I don't know why people do that.
10. If you go to somebody else's house, what's your favorite dish to bring? Wine.
11. What do you wish one of your guests wouldn't bring to your house? Nothing really. I guess I wouldn't like it if my guests brought their dogs. I don't like dogs in my house.
12. Does your usual mix of guests result in drama, or is it a group you're happy to see? In the old days, my family tended to be dramatic with the political arguments, but my mom since has put the kabash on such arguments at family gatherings. These days, it's usually a happy group.
13. What's your absolute favorite thing on the menu? The combination of turkey, stuffing, and cranberry is my favorite.
If you're so inclined, consider yourself tagged, and Happy Thanksgiving!